From: STMFC@... on behalf of 'Steve Sandifer' steve.sandifer@... [STMFC]
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2015 3:10 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: RE: [STMFC] NP stock cars in L.A. ca. 1947-48?

53085 and 82833 arrived Oct. 5 loaded with horses for Clyde Miller in Pico. From Brockway, MT, on the UP, fed and watered at Vegas the night before.

83361 arrived Oct 6 with more horses for Clyde Miller, from Circle, MT, fed and watered at Vegas the night before on the UP.

83750 arrived Oct. 8 with steers for George Hastkings in National City. From Dixon, MT, fed and watered at Vegas the night before.

J. Stephen Sandifer

Minister Emeritus, Southwest Central Church of Christ

Webmaster, Santa Fe Railway Historical and Modeling Society

do you have any indication of what trains and/or railroads (UP?,ATSF?) brought these into San Bernardino?

I have records of 263 cars that were unloaded at the San Bernardino feeding station of the ATSF in October/November 1945. Included in that were 4 NP cars:

53085 and 82833 arrived Oct. 5 loaded with horses for Clyde Miller in Pico.

83361 arrived Oct 6 with more horses for Clyde Miller

83750 arrived Oct. 8 with steers for George Hastkings in National City.

This does not answer your 1947 question.