Re: Hacking (not the electronic kind)

Tom Madden

> What is/are the parts number/s for Archer panel seams please?

> I can’t find them in their catalog.

> Cheers

> Dave North

They are under the Aircraft category as "Raised Panel Lines, Various Scales". Part #AR88013.

I use them on my master patterns to define the edges of panels that are coplanar. This photo shows how I used them to define the edges between the clerestories and the AC ducts on some heavyweight Pullman roof patterns. The :

Archer's primary market is military modelers, and their weld beads look (to my eye) just too rough and rugged for HO freight cars. Like they'd be OK for joining heavy steel armor plates, but not thin car side sheets.  

Tom Madden

Join { to automatically receive all group messages.