St Louis RPM

Clark Propst

There was a recent thread on early PS1 cars. I believe the CIL/MON 1-500 series was mentioned. Mont Switzer had his files on these cars with him at St L. I was fortunate enough to be able to write down all the particulars and buy an as built set of decals from him. My plan is to use the sides and frame from an old CCS PS1 flat kit. I don’t give a rat’s rear if the underframe is correct or not. And Branchline/IM parts for the ends, roof, doors. Simple outline, it’s more complicated than that. But, that’s my plan and I’m sticking with it.

The last couple of years I’ve seen a few “Old Breed” modelers at this meet. Old breed meaning N’ville/CCB “core” STMFC freight car guys. I’m curious as to what they thought of this meet beings it’s so different from the two before mentioned.
Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa