Re: St Louis RPM

Pierre Oliver

This was my second time in St Louis.
Indeed a different event than Naperville. It's clear that Collinsville is growing and will be successful for some time to come. And it will no doubt evolve.
Will it supplant Naperville? There's the question for me. I heard a lot of rumour/fearmongering about the demise of Naperville.
To which I have to comment.
The RPMs are like RMC, they are contributor driven. The meets are only as good as the effort put forth and the energy of the speakers. If you're not seeing the kind of things you want to see, do a clinic, or find someone who can/will.
Constantly having the same core group of speakers is boring for the participants and the speakers suffer from burnout.
It's your hobby too. Get involved.
Pierre Oliver
www.elgincarshops.com
www.yarmouthmodelworks.com
On 8/11/15 10:28 AM, cepropst@q.com [STMFC] wrote:

There was a recent thread on early PS1 cars. I believe the CIL/MON 1-500 series was mentioned. Mont Switzer had his files on these cars with him at St L. I was fortunate enough to be able to write down all the particulars and buy an as built set of decals from him. My plan is to use the sides and frame from an old CCS PS1 flat kit. I don’t give a rat’s rear if the underframe is correct or not. And Branchline/IM parts for the ends, roof, doors. Simple outline, it’s more complicated than that. But, that’s my plan and I’m sticking with it.

The last couple of years I’ve seen a few “Old Breed” modelers at this meet. Old breed meaning N’ville/CCB “core” STMFC freight car guys. I’m curious as to what they thought of this meet beings it’s so different from the two before mentioned.
Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa