Re: Attending RPM meets

Charles Hladik

    It seems to me that almost all RPM's and most other gatherings are going modern because we (steam era folks) as a group are falling by the roadside due to health issues and even death. I don't give a hoot about the modern stuff but it is bringing a new generation to the hobby. They can go trackside and see their desires. Not sure why we go trackside and watch trains, but we do. Then go home and model REAL trains.

Chuck Hladik
Rutland Railroad
Virginia Division
NMRA Lifer

In a message dated 8/11/2015 11:40:00 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, STMFC@... writes:

It is VERY interesting to read the comments abou the various RPM meetings.

I would be very surprised if the leaders of other RPM meetings are not taking notes.  I know that I am.

Regards,

-Jeff Al

Clinic Chairman

Prototype Rails [Cocoa Beach] 2016