Re: I don't really think of the B&A as serving areas rich in mineral resources

Dave Parker

I actually have pulled the paper.  The methodology is not spelled out, but the map (Fig 2) suggests that the author adopted a rather unorthodox definition of "New England" .  District 1 includes ME, RI, ~1/2 of NH, and a predictable division of MA and CT (i.e. at the Conn. River). District 2 seems to include VT, the rest of MA and CT, about 3/4 of NY, 2/3 of PA, all of NJ, and good chunks of DE and MD.

So, not really New England as presently defined.

As to what the paper really says, I cannot say until I have a chance to fully digest it.

Dave Parker
Riverside, CA