Re: Modeling Reading HT class 2 bay hoppers

Bruce Smith

Bruce,

Looking at views of both sides of the HTs hopper, I cannot see the train line on either side, so it looks likely that it followed the center sill.

The online builder’s photo is not clear about the hopper doors being joined.

This photo seems to indicate that the hoppers were not joined:
http://www.readingmodeler.com/images/rollingstock/hopper/photo/rdghts66180.jpg

Regards

Bruce

Bruce F. Smith

Auburn, AL

On Aug 13, 2015, at 2:05 PM, bmtbfh@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Hi everyone.
I have been watching but not contributing to this group for a while. Recently I started to build an HO scale Reading HTs war emergency hopper. I could use some help with some details I am not sure about. Perhaps someone out there could give me some input.

I am not sure how to route the train line under the car. Did it run down the center line or route out along the lower edge of the car body for all of HT class  2 bay hoppers (HTo, HTp, HTr, and HTs).
Photo details of the hopper door locks is sketchy being under the car in the shadows. Did the two adjacent doors get joined or were they independent on the HTs class?

thank you,
Bruce Hayes