Re: GASO What Railroad Might it Be

np328

     Up north here in the northern climes, coal carried by boxcar did last longer. Take a look at the files and the directive for the return of empties I transcribed from an NP document of Jan 1, 1960. This lists coal in rough boxcars.
     From everything that I have researched and found prior, the customer could request coal delivery via hopper, gon, or boxcar. And from letters detailing internal follow ups, they did reject the load at times if improperly sent causing much angst.
 The document is found in the files under: Return mty's via doc.                           Jim Dick  - St. Paul