PFE R-70-2 -> more questions

vapeurchapelon

Hello friends,

at first I want to thank the fellows posting and answering my PFE R-70-2 questions here when I wasn't even a member. Now this is my first post - with more questions. A dear friend of mine is building those cars for me and he uploaded the first pics at his website:

Modelle der 1930er Jahre

Don't know if the link will work as intended - it shoud lead directly to the R-70-2 project. If not and you are at the top, please scroll down.

But there are more questions now:

- at the instructions front page is a photo of the prototype with very distinctive "cover plates" - at least three feet long - at the outsides of the floor bolsters. The instructions don't mention them, but I would like to know how often these were installed, and only on rebuilt cars or on originals, too. Perhaps dependant on the two series (R-70-2 and -3)? My friend did scratchbuilt them as you can see at his pics.

- where can I get the Equipco style hatches needed to model the rebuilt version? Preferably in brass.

- where can I get the drain valves located on the floor of most reefers? Sunshine didn't supply them with the kit.

- Should the wood hatches have some handle or grab iron as the Equipco hatches have? The casting doesn't have any, and the instructions don't mention that detail.

Many thanks again and best Regards

Johannes Markwart