Re: Casting adhesive for patterns to mold box

mwbauers

A gentle reminder. Most RTVs are tin based and not sensitive to the sulfur found in ordinary modeling clay.

Some RTVs are platinum based and are quite sensitive to ordinary modeling clay, enough to give you a damaged mold.

There are safe clays often named 'clean clay' that is only a bit more expensive and safe for all your possible RTV molding.

It is worthwhile getting a bunch of it and using it only for your molding projects.

I know every Alumilte casting kit has it and it's sold by them and Smooth-on casting.

Mike Bauers

On Aug 24, 2015, at 8:45 AM, "Andy Carlson midcentury@... [STMFC]" <STMFC@...> wrote:

After I have the pattern secured to the box, I run a little bit of modelers clay into any gaps or voids. I have not had any problems with the Mold material being adversely affected by the clay.