From: johnsykesiii@... [STMFC]
To: STMFC
Sent: Wed, Aug 26, 2015 10:05 pm
Subject: [STMFC] Re: DL&W 51000 Series Boxcars

Mike:

Then it is safe to assume that the roofs were brown too (no black roof cement)?  I think I could see from some of the pics that galvanized roofs (later) were left unpainted.

--John

P.S.  IMWX made some nice cars, but all mine are undec's.  Or did you decal yours?  If so, where the heck did you get DL&W boxcar decals??? Champs (I have some) were the 1955 scheme.

P.P.S.  I've had lots of parts broken off by the ham-fister members of the RR club down here, they do not appreciate prototype models.