Re: Champ Decals vendors: Are there any?

Charles Peck

I wonder if the graying of the hobby was part of it.  There are exceptions to be sure,
but I'm thinking that by the time most of us average Joes have saved enough to
make such an investment, retirement is too close to put that money into buying
another job.  Especially one with only hope, not certainty, of being rebuilt into
something that will pay a good return.  I see folks as getting risk-adverse as they age.
Chuck Peck in FL

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 8:43 PM, Tim O'Connor timboconnor@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

The article said she wanted $500,000 for the business. That may have
made sense in the glory days of decal sales, but considering that 80%
of the art doesn't meet present day standards of accuracy/fidelity to
the prototype and in any case is all designed to be used with a letter
press rather than a silkscreen, could anyone make a viable business
out of that? The article made it sound like since no offer was made,
the matter is closed.

Tim O'

Bill Welch wrote:

I am surprised that at least Champ's remaining stock was not purchased by someone. The sets in question are re-weigh and re-lube items that match Champ and Walthers decals nicely. __

     True, Bill, and I know of a couple of people who tried to nibble at the remaining stock, or at the artwork. But. Last time I checked, Rich's widow was insisting that anyone buying had to buy everything, down to the office desks, or buy nothing. No cherry picking.

Tony Thompson