Re: Champ Decals Shortcomings

mwbauers

We do have machines that 3d print in full color.

As of today, they do not have the required resolution we need for scale model lettering…….. or NBW-rivet detail.

Some tomorrow to come, we will have that as well.

Sometime after that, we will have perfect scale models of accurate scale materials. But you won’t be able to handle them at all without damaging them.

Best to ya,
Mike Bauers
Milwaukee, Wi

On Aug 31, 2015, at 10:23 PM, Charles Peck wrote:

By the way, I do know one way to do the lettering without decal film.
You put the model into your little 3D printing machine, align the laser
marks, and print the lettering right in place on the car.  No, I don't have
that machine. But I bet someone will try.
Chuck Peck in FL

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 11:18 PM, Charles Peck <lnnrr152@...> wrote:
The technology in the hobby has advanced by leaps and bounds.  It's not going to
stop advancing tomorrow. In 25 years some of us, probably not me, will be seeing
advances hard to imagine today.

………………..