First prototype USRA single sheathed box car

jayrs9

I have been working on trying to document the designs of the USRA freight cars in 3d (www.TrainsIn3d.com).  My initial attempt is the USRA single sheathed box car.  The first prototype of this car, number " U.S. 0000" was built in October 1918 by Haskell & Barker Car Company under Lot 5179. Ultimately they went on to make 6,000 of these cars. I have two good builders' photos from the Railway Prototype Cyclopedia #17 of these cars, but not surprising they are black & white.  I am trying to determine how they were painted as they left the shop.  The lettering on the cars is clearly white and rest of the car body seems to be a single color.  Does anyone know what color that might be, I would presume it some sort of "standard" USRA color

Thanks for any assistance,
Jay