Re: Broadway Limited 6000 gallon chemical tank car

genegreen1942@...

The 3 extra cars from the BLI tank car 4-pack were spoken for within minutes of my post.  If you have not received an email from me notifying you that you got one of the cars, then your request was received too late.

Beyond the 3 mentioned above there were 10 additional requests for cars as follows:
Brown Company 2
Shippers Car Line 6
Stauffer Chemical 2

That means, to me at least, that there are 14 people on this list alone who wish to buy only one tank car instead of a 4-pack.  BLI should sell the cars individually.  Further, if the above numbers are any indication, maybe there should be a Shippers Car Line 4-pack.

At least one dealer on this list has announced he will break up 4-packs for individual sale and I'm sure some hobby shops will also even though doing so may cause dealers to be stuck with unsold cars that turn out to be less popular with the tank car buying public.

To be honest, I didn't actually order the 4 pack until I was sure I could get rid of the other 3 cars.  So far, on my model railroad, there is no industry planned that would either ship or receive chemicals.  The Ethyl car will merely be part of the "scenery" on a CNW freight that just passes through Marshalltown.  So far, on my model railroad, there is no industry planned that would either ship or receive chemicals.  There will be shipments of tallow, linseed oil, soybean oil, gasoline, oils, lubricants, kerosene, diesel oil, heating oil, molasses and lard but no chemicals.

Gene Green
Out in the Badlands of New Mexico