Re: Car Service Rules

Dave Nelson

Seems to me the SCO90 charts would be of considerable interest to both this group and the OPSIG group.  I wonder where they might be found today?

Dave Nelson

From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...]
Sent: Sunday, September 06, 2015 1:36 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Car Service Rules

When a car was located in an area that had no direct connection to owner, the railroad was obligated by record rights to return the car in the reverse of the loaded movement.  Much of this was solved when SCO90 was implemented in 1953 and short home routes were specified to get cars back home to owners with no regard to record rights. SCO90 charts specified who would take what owners cars at what junction points.

Dan Holbrook