Re: USING FUTURE FLOOR WAX

Rob & Bev Manley

I sprayed Future over Poly Scale flat and decalled the next day only to reduce the milky change in the gloss after using Micro-Set and Sol. The decals were printed by Rail Graphics. The milky look went away just as white glue will go clear. I have successfully used Model Masters Flat for my overspray.

You can speed up the drying time by using a hair dryer but be very careful with resin models as too much heat will turn the casting into Silly Putty. I was able to rescue the F&C war emergency hopper and straighten it out with my fingers.

I have been using Future for over 30 years. I wouldn’t use Dullcoat over it as it is not a waterbase or acrylic formula and could cause crazing or discoloring. If you don’t have an airbrush you could try Krylon Flat finish as the pastel and charcoal artists do. Krylon Workable Fixative will render a semi Gloss finish.

Sincerely,

Rob Manley

Midwest Mod-U-Trak

"Better modeling through personal embarassment"

Sent: Wednesday, October 14, 2015 9:00 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: RE: [STMFC] Re: USING FUTURE FLOOR WAX

I have been meaning to try Future, have some, and have a couple of cars to decal.  How long after spraying Future on the car should one wait for it to dry or cure or whatever it does?  An hour?  Day?  Week?

Schuyler

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.