Re: Depression era / pre-WWII Covered Hoppers?

WILLIAM PARDIE

I have on my roster an ERIE covered hop;per that predatges WWII.  This is a samaller car and
is the same car that Gene Diemling did in MR back in tghe 70's.  This thread reminded me that
I have never upgraded the rtrucks on this car.  Doen anyone know what Tahoe Models truck
is correct for this car?

Thanks in advance:

Bill Pardie

On Oct 14, 2015, at 5:14 PM, Ray Breyer rtbsvrr69@... [STMFC] wrote:

The DL&W photo collection at Steamtown has a fascinating collection of six photos (X7126-X7132) showing HCCX/Hercules Portland Cement covered hoppers on a barge in Hoboken, taken on 4/1/1930. Zooming in on a few of these cars shows them to be 70 ton, four discharge bay cars, with a new date of 12/1928.The number series is at least HCCX 1002-1028 (my 1930 ORER is buried right now so I can't confirm the full series). Sadly, the cars "seem" to have a reweigh station on the L&NE, so it's doubtful that they made it west of the Mississippi. Still, it's fun to see covered hoppers that old, and with stemwinders!
Ray Breyer
Elgin, IL