Re: Livestock through Chicago

Tim O'Connor

Tim-
Could you provide a link that would take us to the photos? Searching Facebook didn�t yield them for me.
Charlie Vlk

Indeed the construction continued through World War II. There is a huge
collection of photos on Facebook of the 1942 construction (over railroad
yards and several mainlines) of a huge new bridge over the Mississippi River
between East Dubuque IL and Dubuque IA -- a major meatpacking town! The
enormous girders are labeled Bethlehem Steel -- I'd love to see how they
transported them. Possibly by barge down the Ohio and up the Mississippi,
as they seem far too large for rail cars. The collection has some nice
shots of freight trains.