Re: new car kit from Dry Creek

Tony Thompson

Mike Bauers wrote:

I think it’s great to see the old Tru-Scale HO model redone to the prototype,.

The Tru-Scale dates from late 50’s tooling, it’s long needed correcting.

  I didn't know about a Tru-Scale car. The familiar Silver Streak kit, from the very early 1950s, has two drawbacks, that its underframe truss is oversize though correctly located back from the side sill, and that the entire car is about 10 percent oversize, as were many of the early Silver Streak kits. Sometimes that can be corrected, but with the Hart gondola, not really. The Dry Creek model indeed replaces all those problems.

(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history