Re: new car kit from Dry Creek

mwbauers

as a random close-up, this seems to be the type of close-up you mean.

http://public.fotki.com/sbhunterca/cnr-steel-frame-har/imgp2099.html

It certainly looks good to this layman, a pity about the Shapeways charge for the car in its highest resolution.

I’ll have to add that this is a wood car and the 3d print process works for a slightly aged graininess. While looking closely at the modeled metal parts of the car show a similar graininess that can only be judged as weathered and aged metal.

I do know that the new Carbon3d 3d print process does NOT have the same graininess we see from the incremental steps of the current 3d processes. I’ve not yet seen a detail rich print like this car made with it to see how good similar details are rendered.

My fingers are lightly crossed that it will do better on small detail surfacing.

Best to ya,
Mike Bauers
Milwaukee, Wi

On Oct 20, 2015, at 12:35 PM, destorzek wrote:
………………...
While I don't want to discourage anyone, and I think that this process holds a lot of promise for the future, by my nature I tend to look deeply into the close up photos and wonder if this level of surface finish is really the future of fine modeling.

Dennis Storzek