Re: Accurail O.B. boxcars as USRA design cars

david ellzey

That's just from my vague recollections of the 1950's, not seeing any Canadian rail cars here in Louisiana.
Dave

From: "Eric Hansmann eric@... [STMFC]"
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Monday, October 26, 2015 9:27 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Accurail O.B. boxcars as USRA design cars

I recommend you get a copy of the ORER for the year of your focus or the year before. Compile some fleet numbers and check what older cars are still running. The 1953 K brake ban sent lots of freight cars to scrap.

And I would not ignore the Canadian box car fleet. Newsprint from Canada was used all over.

Eric Hansmann
El Paso, TX

On Oct 26, 2015, at 8:15 PM, david ellzey davidellzey1@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Let me clarify that last email, I meant slim chance of Canadian cars down here on the T&NO.
Dave