From: STMFC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:STMFC@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2015 7:43 AM
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: Naperville

I had an excellent time at Naperville, although there were far fewer models
than in years past. And frankly, the display room sucks because the lighting
is so poor in there! I hope next year's RPM meet moves to a better location.
And I hope more people (especially post-1960 modelers) show up with models.
(No, I didn't bring any this year.)

The clinics where I learned the most were by Jack Burgess and Tom Madden.
Jack gave an excellent talk on using free CAD software to create designs for
3-D parts. This is something any of us can do! And Tom Madden offered his
expert advice on using 3-D design to create MASTERS for resin parts, which
holds great promise for creation of more excellent resin freight car models.
Finally Aaron Gjermundson gave a demonstration of actual casting using both
a vacuum chamber and a pressure pot -- very interesting!

The last piece of the puzzle for me would be a clinic on how to create a 3-D
rubber mold. :-)

Tim O'Connor

Posted by: Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@comcast.net>

Yahoo Groups Links