Re: 3-D printers

Bruce Smith

Jon,

These are monofilament extrusion printers,  For model work, they’re crap.  I don’t know how many times we have to say it, but the resolution of “bargain” 3D printers is insufficient to produce satisfactory parts for models.  PERIOD.  Someone will likely chime in with a pie in the sky view of what MIGHT be coming and yes, it might be coming.  But right now, it ain’t here and as Tom Madden and others who actually use this technology repeatedly point out, to get the resolution that modelers need, you need the really really expensive machines...

Regards

Bruce

Bruce F. Smith

Auburn, AL

On Oct 27, 2015, at 10:28 AM, Jon Miller atsfus@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

    Monoprice has a couple of 3-D printers, one at $399 and one at $599.  Not sure if these are the normal price range or good prices.
--
Jon Miller
For me time stopped in 1941