Re: "Xxtreme Modeling" presentation link

Armand Premo

Guyz,Just couldn't resist getting in,perhaps even over my head.I know of individuals  that have really gone to the extreme.Their layout and roster is for a specific railroad on a specific day....now,that is extreme.I have been fortunate enough to have a collection of wheel reports for the railroads I model and use these lists as sort of a shopping list.Extreme by some standards,of course.I tend to invite modelers to my rare op sessions who tend to know less about the road that I model than I do.Thus I can get away with more inaccuratisms.In summary we sometime go overboard striving to recapture an era long gone.My 2 and1/2 cents worth.Armand Premo

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2015 10:16 AM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: "Xxtreme Modeling" presentation link

Right on that Greg & Clark.   One thing you could consider is that many model builders that don't have a home layout instead belong to a club.  That was my case while I lived in an apartment for several years.

The main thing though is put down that gadget and do somthing!

Tom Casey

I saw Bill’s clinic at Naperville. Afterwards a friend said. “Bet he doesn’t have a layout.” I think things need to be taken in context. I understand there are guys that just enjoy building models. Just because they choose to build train models doesn’t mean they ‘have’ to have a layout.
The higher you set the bar when building a layout the smaller it becomes, Bill Darnaby being an exception. Large layouts usually are built with a total different mindset where operations are foremost. At age 69 my new layout will be built realizing time is limited.
I haven’t been able to do any modeling since spring, but keep accumulating freight car kits and material for scratch building structures. Pretty soon I’m going to have to scratch that itch  ;  ))
Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa

I think regardless whatever we get out of this presentation what we should
take away is that we should all return to modeling again. Challenge
ourselves to take one of the examples here and apply them to out modeling. We
should set a minimum set of standards for ourselves and as we get better move
those standards ahead even if we start with something as simple as an
ACCURAIL freight car. Hiding behind, "I have a layout to build and that takes all
my time..." does really doesn't make sense when I see Clark do both. Turn
off the computer and put your skills to the challenge.

Greg Martin

[...]

No virus found in this message.