Re: MKT War Emergency box car?

Greg Martin

Tim,

The entire car may need to be cast, that may not be a problem though at least for the sides and ends.

This would fit in well with our little selection of double door cars that have started with this years Rock Island car. With your help we have found several examples of additional of cars that can be adressed with this core. Now if I can get you to build just one of the too cars you sent me photos of.

For the moment I want to keep the guys focused on building the Rock Island car for the "Bash at the Beach"in January.

Greg Martin

Norman Maclean

In a message dated 10/31/2015 1:06:02 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, STMFC@... writes:
Greg

It seems like the underframe and sides would have to be scratch built or resin cast. Would
be a very neat car though and good for 1940's to early 70's modeling.

Tim