Re: MKT War Emergency box car?

Greg Martin

All,

I don't think that Scott believes that you can marriage the Intermountain kit with the ACURAIL kit without more consideration. But I do believe it is worthy of the consideration.

I have no lack of subject matter for SHAKE_N_TAKE.  What is difficult is getting a donor to commit to the effort. Only a couple of folks have been gracious enough to do so and some have said things like ,"the only problem I have with this idea is the donation part..." true story... So honestly I value the relationship we have with those that have as I know those involved with SHAKE_N_TAKE do as well.

I can't say enough good things about those that have done our castings as well.

Greg Martin

Norman Maclean

Barry Bennett writes:

I take it Scott is assuming that you can pop an Intermountain body on an Accurail underframe and nearly all is done, but visually comparing an undec photo from the IM site and that photo of the MKT car it seems to my eye that the end panels of the sides of the MKT car are narrower than the IM.

Is it possible that the side framing was modified to fit existing framing of the donor underframes rather than follow the WE standard.

Barry Bennett
Coventry, England.