Re: Hercules Tank Car Color?

mwbauers

Gentlemen,

Can we be certain the B/W image shows gray as the top color???

See page 14 of……

http://www.raggedsoldier.com/photo_article.pdf

Attached from above if allowed….

Best to ya,
Mike Bauers
Milwaukee, Wi

On Nov 12, 2015, at 11:26 AM, Benjamin Hom b.hom@... [STMFC] wrote:

Jeff Maurer wrote:
"Thanks to both of you for your responses. Since this one doesn't look to be red (I've heard that there were red ones, just never saw a picture and knew that this one couldn't be red) it must be grey."

Be very careful when trying to determine color based on a builder's photo.  During the age of black and white photography, cars for builder's photos were often painted in gray to highlight details that would be otherwise be lost if the car was painted in a darker in-service color.  These cars would then be repainted before going into service.

Trust but verify.  If I were you, I'd keep looking.

Ben Hom