Re: Prototype info for the new Accurail box car

devansprr

Dave,

You raise a good point - I wrote carelessly. Canadian cars did get south of the border, but over most of the US they were significantly under-represented. Considering that the Canadian under 40 foot fleet was almost as big as the US under 40 foot fleet during WWII, photos from many areas of the US would suggest that they were greatly under-represented.

For the photos I have seen, and I will admit to not studying New England railroading, US under 40 cars vastly outnumber Canadian cars under 40 foot - even in Chicago among Delano's photos.

Dave Evans