Re: Two Volume Set (combined 1600 pages) on Potomac Yard

Craig Zeni

On Nov 26, 2015, at 3:38 AM, STMFC@... wrote:

3. Two Volume Set (combined 1600 pages) on Potomac Yard
Posted by: "gary laakso" vasa0vasa@... ky123le
Date: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:13 am ((PST))

A full page ad for the books is on the back of the cover of the Winter Classic Trains issue just out. Volume 1 includes a chapter on handling perishables, including ice house operations, Fruit Growers Express facilities. Vol 1 is 784 pages covering 1880 to 1920 and Vol 2 is 816 pages to the closing of the yard.

Has anyone seen the books and can comment on their contents?
I bought Volume Two a couple of weeks ago...I'm still perusing it but thus far it seems to have an awful lot of info taken from the company magazine.

Craig Zeni
Cary NC