Re: Decals offered on Ebay by dkmtech

mwbauers

With the right software, as I discovered I had…..

You select the closest font you can find in the large collection that came with the graphic suite and then tweak it to look just like the actual font, do a save, and use it forever when you make that decal set, or one that uses the same tweaked font.

The font characteristics are quite easy to adjust with a capable program.

Not that we know if this vendor is doing that.

Best to ya,
Mike Bauers
Milwaukee, Wi

On Dec 1, 2015, at 12:57 PM, 'Bruce F. Smith' wrote:

No Tim, its a very old idea. If this is the vendor I think it is, he appears to actually be using Fonts and actually “brags” about this somehow being superior to copying lettering directly from photos of cars. For obvious reasons, I’ll stick to decals produced from actual lettering diagrams or photos of cars.
On Dec 1, 2015, at 12:45 PM, STMFC@yahoogroups.com wrote:

what is a "typeset" decal? i thought i'd heard about all the different methods of making decals
but that's a new one. any idea?