A unique transfer caboose.

mwbauers

I’m amazed at this slide I see on eBay.

Its a shop-made transfer caboose identified as “ Illinois Northern Caboose 112; [slide dated] 7/65 "

I suspect the car dates from the early 50’s

It seems to have a maintenance date of  ATSF 03-3-64  ?? on the center and…. something else stenciled above the ‘B’ truck dated as 1-54

So it certainly dates from the era covered by this list. I don’t know when the shop conversion was done.

It has bolt holes in the frame that show the car was converted from an earlier ‘normal’ RR car. I would guess a boxcar.

It took me a few moments to realize that the caboose cabin of the car is built up from boxcar doors !!!

I’ll attach an image

This will run on eBay for five more days.

eBay item number:371496606100

I almost had to pick up my jaw from the floor with this one.

Best to ya,
Mike Bauers
Milwaukee, Wi