Re: car siding grooves

mwbauers

What glue do you use for this ???

I’d hate to destroy the work in progress with a damaging glue.

Best to ya,
Mike Bauers
Milwaukee, Wi

On Dec 8, 2015, at 5:08 PM, fgexbill wrote:

I totally agree with Gene that board by board with strip styrene is the way to go. I use a single edge razor blade to soften the edge of the strip styrene and like 0.040 styrene as the substrate. I use 0.020x0.060" strip for the "boards" and depending on the height of the side might throw in a 0.015x0.060" "board" to provide variation. Where this is done 0.005 shim material needs to be used were the steel bracing goes to prevent the bracing from sinking into the shallow space created by the .015 material. By the same token a small piece of .005 material can be used to create a small bulge in the .060" siding in one or two places.