Shake N Take 2016

Greg Martin

Hey Yuze Gize,

READ and PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND ON LIST OR TO MIKE BROCK DIRECT.

PLEASE CONTATCT ME OFF-LIST AT:  tgregmrtn@...

This is the official announcement for the 2016 Prototype Rails SHAKE N TAKE for our 15th annual event and it promises to be a "Bash at the Beach".

Space is limited to thirty (30)  members, twenty (22) spots via the Internet and eight (8) at the registration table as you walk in.

There are no provisions for sign up with registration.

I expect the spots to fill up quickly.

We will take 10 spots for alternates as things can change. There will also be plenty of handouts available for those that wish to follow along and perhaps model this at home as we have done in the past.

This year our project will be an Western Pacific rebuilt 40-foot boxcar in series 14401-14500. The conversion will be another composite car with resin ends and underframe parts and reproduced by Aaron Gjermundson once again.

The kits are ATLAS/BRANCHLINE AAR 1937 cars for the core and will need to be stripped before the conversion.

I am working on decals now.

The documentation for the prototype comes from help provided by Garth Groff and photos are very rare for this version with Murphy ends and Murphy panel roof, if you have photos you are willing to share ahead of the project I would appreciate the help.  There were an additional series of cars that were rebuilt with Hutchins ends and roofs but not the immediate focus of this build.

Again, the goal here is to have you build the kit and return it to Cocoa Beach in 2017 regardless if you are finished or not.

If there is enough appeal we will consider Aftermarket parts that will be a separate sign up sheet.

I will post the SIGN UP Sheet and AFTERMARKET Sheet separately once the spots are full on the SHAKE N TAKE list and the STEAM ERA FREIGHT  CAR LIST only.

Thank You,

Greg Martin

Norman Maclean