Re: L&NE X29 (?)

James F. Brewer <jfbrewer@...>

Speedwitch has/had a kit for this car.

Jim Brewer

From: "Brian carlson prrk41361@... [STMFC]"
To: "STMFC"
Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2015 9:53:39 AM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] L&NE X29 (?)

Bud. Not a one off. This was part on the LNE rebuild in late 40's. Stop over some night I can show you additional pictures.

Brian J. Carlson

On Dec 17, 2015, at 8:11 AM, BlackDiamondRR@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Hi,
   I recently came across a down on view of an LNE 40' steel boxcar which looks, from a distance, an awful lot like a standard Pennsy X29 boxcar, low IH, flat riveted ends, but definitely has a diagonal panel roof. The shot is too distant to read the number but it is a four digit number. The car appears to be painted black with the large "billboard" LNE on the left and the fried egg herald on the right. Anyone have further info on these cars? Was this a one off rebuild with the diagonal panel roof?
    Thanks,
     Bud Rindfleisch