Re: Galvanized Paneled Roofs and Modeling Peeling Paint

Dave Parker

Tim et al:

I can't speak to later years, but the 1931 CBC variously refers to these as "transverse caps" and "mullion caps".  Neither term appears in the Dictionary of Terms (nor does "seam caps"), only in the pages describing roof construction (both "all-metal" and "flexible outside").

Although it does not say so explicitly, the wonderful drawings seem to suggest that all exposed metal was galvanized, including the caps.  At least to my eye.

Dave Parker
Riverside, CA

Join to automatically receive all group messages.