Re: Optivisor Binocular Magnifier

I need +2.0 readers normally for close work, so my Optivisor is also +2.0, and in concert, they make for much higher magnification.

Thanks!

From: STMFC List <STMFC@yahoogroups.com> on behalf of STMFC List <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thursday, December 24, 2015 at 7:31 AM
To: STMFC List <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Optivisor Binocular Magnifier

Dale,
This is not a "one size fits all" scenario.
The best thing to do is visit a shop that sells things like "Opti-visor" and try them out and see what "looks" comfortable.
Higher magnification tends to force your head closer to the work to remain in focus.
ANd things will change depending upon your unaided vision situation. I wear tri-focals normally and have 2 different Opti-Visors. One at 5x for bench tasks, and a 4x for work on the layout.

Pierre Oliver
www.elgincarshops.comwww.yarmouthmodelworks.com

On 23/12/2015 10:54 PM, dale florence dwwesley@yahoo.com [STMFC] wrote:

I am looking to purchase a Magnifier, but not sure what to get They seemed to be priced between $10 and $60 dollar Magnification seems to run between 1 1/2 to about 2 3/4 I need suggestions as to what magnification I should get, and the price range? Any particular brand?

Thanks,

Dale Florence