From: STMFC@... on behalf of riverman_vt@... [STMFC]
Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 2015 4:41 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Xmas Trees by Rail?

Chuck and all,

    Christmas trees were still being shipped by rail from northern Vermont well into the 1940's but had gone
to trucks by the mid-1950s. These were nearly all balsam fir and spruce trees but in bundles of five unless
they were trees larger than the average home cold handle. They were loaded much as you suggest with
8 ft. high side stakes used with both flat cars and gons. Have photos of several such car loads right here
in Morrisville.

Happy Holidays to all from those of us at New England Rail Service, Inc.

Don Valentine