Posted by: "Charles Slater" atsfcondr42@... atsfcondr42
Date: Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:40 pm ((PST))

I remember handling box cars of Christmas trees in the 1970-1984 in L.A. when I worked on the Los Angeles Junction Ry. They came in many cars mostly from the north west (SP&S, NP, GN, Milw) and of course Santa Fe, UP and SP returning to home rails. As I remember they were mostly 40 foot cars. We delivered them to Certified Grocers and Market Basket warehouse's. The guys unloading them there would always give you one, you just had to ask.

Charlie Slater

Bakersfield, Ca.