From: STMFC@... on behalf of Tom VanWormer robsmom@... [STMFC]
Sent: Wednesday, December 30, 2015 2:46 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Ice refrigerators lettered "RD"

For the historians in the group, the ATSF was long called the "Atchison" in the TOC period and the SFRD was referred to as the "RD". as late as 1917
Tom VanWormer
Monument CO

tyesac@... [STMFC] wrote:

Could be, since I've also seen Santa Fe cars listed as "AT"

Tom Casey
Could the RD have been used to distinguish the reefers from other Santa Fe cars which were often marked SF in conductor books and on switch lists?

Doug Harding