Re: Photo-etched parts

Mark – In the January 1982 issue of RMC I illustrate photo etching which may be more detailed than the Micro-Mark instructions. – Al Westerfield

Sent: Thursday, December 31, 2015 10:39 AM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Photo-etched parts

Mark,

You obviously missed my clinic at Cocoa Beach last year, which was on using this system to photo etch at home :)

Bottom line is that it works well if you are careful and treat the chemicals with the respect that they are due.  It is only useful for making smaller sheets (3" x 5" is about the maximum and smaller than that is better).

Pretty much everything in the kit is needed, although as noted the quality of things like the apron and gloves are not great and so I used my own.

SAFETY FIRST!  If you get this kit, please, please read all of the instructions and treat the etchant and other solutions with a great deal of respect.

Regards

Bruce Smith

Auburn, AL