Re: Photo-etched parts

peteraue

Since my name was mentioned several times, I feel I need to speak up.
My recommendation for photo-etching: Do the design and the artwork yourself and find a qualified supplier to do the etching for you. I have been working with such a supplier for a number of years and his technology is vastly superior to what you can do yourself. It may take a bit longer to get parts and it may be a bit more expensive but you avoid all the problems of very hazadous chemicals and you can get parts that you'd never be able to etch yourself.
My own learning curve was very long and quite expensive with a lot of bad parts, but I am fully responsible for evry one of them. My supplier has yet to make his first mistake.
Peter Aue