Re: cupola railings

Douglas Harding

Ed AMB provided a nice bending jig in their MSTL caboose kit, which I have modified to bend parts for other cabooses. Get or make a jig for consistent parts.

Doug Harding from my phone

From: ed_mines@... [STMFC]
Sent: ‎1/‎7/‎2016 8:16 AM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: [STMFC] cupola railings

Most caboose kits direct you to bend a piece of wire requiring you to get at least 2 measurements exactly if you want the cupola railings to look good.

Using a whole package of wire I couldn't get those railings to look decent.

I've gotten nice results using Yarmouth eye bolts and "L" shaped pieces of wire.

AMB laserkits provide a template for the mounting holes which is an improvement.

Ed Mines