Re: cupola railings

mwbauers

I think you wish for a tool like this….

Or a DIY version with nails pounded into a board that has just the spacing over the outside of the nails you need for each grab you are bending . [use inner distance needed, minus the diameter of -one- of the nails to hammer the bending jig you need. Mark the board for that and hammer in the nail on the end of that measured line.]

There is the secret, the inside measurement of the bent grab you need, with the bending pins installed so that the outside of those pins is the distance you need for your bend.

Best to ya,
Mike Bauers
Milwaukee, Wi

On Jan 7, 2016, at 10:16 AM, ed_mines wrote:

Most caboose kits direct you to bend a piece of wire requiring you to get at least 2 measurements exactly if you want the cupola railings to look good.

Using a whole package of wire I couldn't get those railings to look decent.

I've gotten nice results using Yarmouth eye bolts and "L" shaped pieces of wire.

AMB laserkits provide a template for the mounting holes which is an improvement. .