Re: cupola railings

Douglas Harding

To follow up: AMB created a wonderful little laser cut acrylic jig for bending all the railings, grabs, etc for their M&StL caboose kit. It does the curved grabs for the sides, the ones for the top of cupola, the end railings with the correct bends and curves, the correct length grabs, etc. I don’t believe they offered it in any other kit, at least none of the others I have built. I have several of the jibs and have modified one by drilling additional holes to bend different length grabs for other cabooses.

When I get home and can dig through the tool box, I will try to post a photo of the jib so you can get a better idea of what I looks like and how it works.

Doug Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org