From: jackdziadul@... [STMFC]
To: STMFC
Sent: Sun, Jan 10, 2016 3:03 pm
Subject: [STMFC] Santa Fe reefers in Boston

I have been trying to determine what, if any, Santa Fe refrigerator cars found their way to any of the Terminal Division freight houses or nearby industries / distribution centers. I have checked this group's conversations and files but nothing jumped out at me. I also searched my library of photo books. The only photo that I could find of SFRD cars behind B&M power was on page 165 of Boston and Maine: Three Colorful Decades of New England Railroading. It appears to show two cars behind 1577 in West Groton. I tried the B&M list, but the several responses had very limited information. One reply mentioned Union Freight via New Haven (or B&M) as a possibility. Another post noted that unit trains perhaps went to centrally located class yards outside of Boston. Thank you for any inputs.
Jack Dziadul
Sanford, NC