Re: lead shot for car weighting (Tungsten)

spsalso

So, VERY roughly, Platinum is $10,500 a pound, gold is $13,000 a pound, tungsten is $75 a pound.  And lead shot is $10 a pound.  And steel is pretty much free.

And apparently, if you're the right person in the right place at the right time, depleted uranium is/was about $3 a pound.  But, let's face it, you're not.

SO.

I will tend to weight my boxcars with steel.

I will tend to weight my locomotives and some open cars with lead.  Sheet or shot.

And I expect, someday, to buy a pound of tungsten powder for that exceptionally special locomotive and/or freight car.  In particular, I have in mind a diesel switcher that PULLS.

Though that platinum is kind of tempting.

Ed

Edward Sutorik