From: "Eric Hansmann eric@... [STMFC]"
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Sunday, January 17, 2016 8:58 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Early 20th Century image

The ice cars are also interesting. They have reefer doors but no roof hatches. DL&W 5902 seems to have some paper wedged in the upper left door corner to make better seal. There are small stencils in the upper left corners of the ice cars indicating the original owners. And note the Fox trucks and the return route stencils.

Check out the laborers unloading a gondola beside the new depot.

These photos have so many cool details!

Eric Hansmann
El Paso, TX

On Jan 17, 2016, at 4:11 PM, 'Schuyler Larrabee' schuyler.larrabee@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

The building under construction is the DL&W Scranton station, but the interesting thing for this list is the freight equipment in the foreground, including an early tank car marked “The Texas Company.”

Schuyler