2016 NE Proto Meet call for clinics and meet news

Dave Owens

P.S. -- Please excuse the cross posting and duplicate emails. Since we
are non-profit and
scramble to pay for the meet, one of the ways we reach people is
through various email lists. Thank you

Greetings all:

As you may have heard, the 2016 New England/Northeast Prototype
Modelers Meet is moving to a new location, the Holiday Inn in Enfield,
Conn. This year's meet, our 14th, is June 3-4, 2016.

The meet is two days of clinics, a large model display and layout open
houses on Sunday, June 5.

The new location will give the meet room to expand, a location to
gather for after hours socializing, a convenient place to stay and
plenty of parking! We’ll miss Collinsville and the community center,
but are enthusiastic about the new location. We are grateful to the
Amherst Railway Society for the assistance that is allowing us to take
this step forward.

We’ll be at the Amherst Society’s Railroad Hobby Show this weekend
(Jan. 30-31) in West Springfield, Mass. Please stop by our tables in
the Mallary Complex. We’ll be in section 149.

If you’re interested in presenting a clinic or other program, or
opening your layout to those who attend the meet, we’d
love to hear from you. Please contact Dave Owens at
neprotomeet@gmail.com. Your suggestions for clinics are also welcome.

We hope to offer at least three clinics at a time this year and we
hope to repeat several clinics. That’s been a goal for many years.
We’ll still have a large room for model display and vendors and manufacturers.

Admission is $30 in advance and $35 at the door. Please check our web
page for registration information, or register at this weekend’s show.

If you need lodging, we hope you’ll consider staying at the meet
hotel. The more people who stay a the hotel, the better our chances of
being able to continue at the Holiday Inn. The hotel is offering a
special rate for those attending the meet of $104 a night, which
includes breakfast.

We expect to have many great vendors and manufacturers back,
including: Bob's Photo, Ron's Books, Bethlehem Car Works, Funaro &
Camerlengo, ESU Loksound, Atlas, Rapido, Dave's Trains, the Hobby
Gallery, Greg Gordon, True Line Trains and Shortline Products. Several
more may join us.

You can make a reservation here. Our group code is ARS:
http://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotels/us/en/enfield/enfct/hoteldetail

Check our page on Facebook for updates: https://www.facebook.com/NERPM

Here’s our web page: http://www.neprototypemeet.com/Welcome.html

Thanks,