From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...]
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2016 2:34 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: Re: [STMFC] NYC USRA DESIGN STEEL BOXCARS

NYC drawing Q53551 is for AB brake system retrofits on many of these cars.  According to that drawing the brake cylinder and the reservoir are on the same side of the car. the valve is on the other side of the car directly opposite the reservoir. This makes for a very clean routing of the pipes.

The drawing is available from the NYCHS.

Roger Hinman